Systems Integration Plus, Inc. (“SIP”), established in 1988, derives its revenue from the sale of its standard (catalog) products or from customer-specific hardware or software products that SIP developed under contract by customers. Generally speaking, intellectual property (“IP”) created during development of customer-specific products remains the property of SIP.
To describe SIP’s expertise is to say that the company is a full-service engineering design, manufacturing and test, software engineering and systems integrator who specializes in rugged and full-up military
qualified electronic and computer gear. Additional expertise extends to software development and integration into hardware sold by SIP. Products and services are sold throughout the United States and Internationally.
With a significant investment in technical resources, in-house manufacturing and test capability, as well as the latest generation software development systems and tools, SIP is well equipped to provide innovative and compliant solutions for our customers’ most exacting specifications. And as previously stated, hardware products that SIP sells can be untested or tested to MIL operational, environmental and electromagnetic compliance specifications, the most popular of those specifications being:
- MIL-STD-810 – Environmental Engineering Considerations And Laboratory Tests
- MIL-STD-461 – Requirements For The Control Of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics Of Subsystems And Equipment
- MIL-STD-1275 – Requirements For The Control Of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics Of Subsystems And Equipment
- MIL-STD-704 – Aircraft Electric Power Characteristics
- MIL-STD-1399 – Interface for Shipboard Systems
- Project Management
- Assembly / Test
- Records Archival
- Revision Control
- Configuration Management – SIP provides complete configuration management for all of the systems that we build. Hardware and software revision levels are controlled, and every system’s component serial numbers are recorded.
SIP employs software experts that work with Specialty Software and Software Design and Integration. SIP provides varying levels of software design and OS integration to create complete systems.
- Real time software
- Device Drivers
- OS Customization
- Embedded Systems
- Software & Hardware Integration
- Networking and Communications
Design and Development
- Custom design (see integration services)
- Build to print
- Modified COTS (commercial off the shelf)
- MCOTS (military COTS)
- Power and Control systems design
- PCB Development
- Circuit and Schematic analysis (PSpice, etc.)
Mechanical Design and Validation
- Custom packaging and metalwork
- Metal alloy and composite material design
- Structural analysis via FEA (SolidWorks Simulation)
- Thermal and fluid analysis
Product Test Capabilities
SIP’s RF engineering has the ability to conduct limited in-house testing as well as basic customer on-site testing to detect major areas of electro-magnetic interference. Standard procedures are to detect the possibility of a major area of concern caused by I/O openings, cable noise, mechanical edges and gaps that exceed best design practice, etc. This involves the development of an antenna and the use of a sniffer or analyzer to detect and provide rudimentary testing.
From a design aspect we start with the customer/program requirements. SIP, Inc understands the spectrum of MIL-STD-461 to include the wide array of test methods and procedures that a customer may require as a part of the qualification process. From that point, we design the packaging/mechanical constructs with the appropriate level of EMI/RFI shielding dictated by the use environment. This involves a core understanding of materials, quarter wave length theory, RF electrical design techniques and mitigation concepts.
To that end, SIP is vastly familiar with an array of techniques and materials to include copper-beryllium, nickel, sawtooth edging, sponge filter, finger edge, ferrite and impregnated gaskets. SIP, Inc. also uses EMI/RFI spray and impregnated materials, the latter addressing EMI/RFI frequency spectrums in most mechanical packaging and chassis designs.
In order for SIP to conduct full range EMI/RFI system qualification at the highest levels of MIL-STD-461, we continue to work with our local partner, NTS which is located near SIP’s Scottsdale, AZ headquarters.
In-House Product Test Capability
- Thermal chamber (-50°C to 90°C)
- Full digital test facility
- Backplane net list integrity
- Operational and functional (electrical and mechanical)
- Mechanical “Drop” tests
- MIL-STD-704 electrical system
- MIL-STD-1399 electrical system
With SIP’s Test Partner
- MIL-STD-810 (all Methods and Procedures)
- MIL-STD-461 (conducted, susceptible, emitted: all test procedures)
- RTCA-DO-160 (Climatic and Kinematic)
- Creation of MIL-STD system and sub-system documentation
- Modification and expansion of, supplement to customers’ documentation
- Assembly and test procedures (FAT/ATP; First Article, etc.)
Quality & Security
- ISO 9001:2012 certified
- IPC A-610, Level-3
- IPC J-STD-001 Soldering
- AS9102 First Article
- ITAR registered